Daily departures available.
The Pantanal is a diverse and fascinating destination, thriving with innumerable plant and animal species. A wildlife sanctuary of South America, it is the largest floodplain on the planet, as well as a UNESCO World Heritage and Biosphere Reserve. It's an excellent place for birdwatching, hiking, canoeing, horseback riding, photo safaris, and catching the one-of-a-kind Pantanal sunsets from observation towers. *Prices in your Cart are listed in CAD.
- Spend two days at Aymara Lodge and Nature Reserve, a hotspot for birding enthusiasts, wildlife lovers, and those who wish to make a positive impact on the destination through their travels.
- Spot wildlife and birdlife (over 300 endemic species!) around the Aymara conservation area by canoe, motorboat, horseback, or by foot - both by day AND by night!
- Traverse the largest floodplain in the world on the search for jaguars! Over the course of two full days, you will be exploring the Cuiabà River by boat in the largest jaguar population density in Pantanal,
- Wake up with the flora and the fauna on early-morning sunrise hikes - providing stunning opportunities for wildlife photography.
- Enjoy three traditional Brazilian meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day.
6-Day Sample Itinerary
Modifications on request.
Arrival in North Pantanal | Aymara Lodge
You’ll arrive at Cuiabá Airport where your guide will be waiting to welcome you. We'll make our way over to our accommodation, the incredible Aymara Lodge, following on paved road for around 100km, followed by 28km on dirt road (approximately a 2h30 drive). We'll check into Aymara Lodge, where we'll enjoy a brief introduction to our surroundings. Dinner is included on this day.
Wake up and enjoy an included breakfast at the Lodge, and prepare yourself for a day of wilderness adventure! There are plenty of exciting tours offered from the Lodge that aim to preserve the area's natural ecosystem and limit human interference with its wilderness.
The activities on this day range from 1-2 hours, and will depend on the times available, your interests and the day's weather conditions. Some of the possible activities are: canoe paddling, motorboat safari, horseback riding, photo safari, a night drive in search of nocturnal animals, and walking around the property in search of wildlife. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included at the Lodge on this day.
Aymara Lodge | Porto Jofre
After an early wake-up, we will leave to go on a stunning sunrise walk around the property, gradually waking up with the birds and wildlife. This will be followed by our final Lodge breakfast! We'll then check-out and drive to our second accomodation, Hotel Pantanal Norte. Along the drive, we will get to see one of Pantanal’s most popular destinations: the Transpantaneira Highway. We'll follow 120km on dirt road for approximately 3h. Upon arrival at the hotel, we'll check-in and enjoy an included, traditional Brazilian lunch. We'll have the rest of the day to enjoy at leisure at the hotel. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all included on this day.
Day 4 & 5
Our next two days will be quite the epic adventure! Here's how they will play out. After our included breakfast, we'll leave for our morning boat trip on the Cuiabà River to search for jaguars. We'll work up quite the surprising appetite, and return to the Lodge for lunch, after which we'll leave for another half-day safari searching for more jaguars! This area has the highest density of jaguar population in all of Pantanal, so although not guaranteed, we'll have a great chance to spot the Big Cat (especially if travelling from June to October). Dependant on the weather, lunch can be enjoyed at the Lodge or during the tour. After our safari, we'll return to the Lodge for dinner. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included on both of these days.
Porto Jofre | Cuiabà
We’ll enjoy an early included breakfast at the hotel, then check-out.
Transfer to the airport. Extension to other areas of Brasil can be added. .
Pricing: $6440 CAD / $4,775 USD per double occupancy.*
Single room pricing add: $ 850 CAD / $ 650 USD
Deduct $ 1,085 CAD / $ 850 USD for substitution to Araras Lodge and Hotel Baiazinha (7 days/6 nights)
*Prices are valid from August to October, and exclude national holidays. Slight supplement applies for high season July & August. Prices valid for 2023.
- 2-night accommodation at Aymara Lodge in a standard room
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day at the Aymara Lodge
- Private transfers to Cuiabá / Aymara Lodge
- All the tours mentioned above
- English speaking guides and naturalists
- 3 night accommodation in Hotel Pantanal Norte in a standard room
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day at the Hotel Pantanal Norte
- Private transfers to and from Aymara Lodge / Hotel Pantanal Norte / Cuiabá
- 2 full-day safari tours to spot jaguars
- English speaking guides
- Travel insurance
- Phone calls and personal expenses
- All other services stated as optional or not explicitly stated as included.
Aymara Lodge in a standard room
Hotel Pantanal Norte in a standard room
Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners will be included at the Lodges. Beverages will not be included.
A variety of sightseeing tours - including two full days of Jaguar spotting - are included in the price to enhance your Brazil vacation. Local guides will provide insight to the history and wildlife of the area. Many optional tours will be available at the Lodges that guests can freely embark on, all dependant on weather, times, and guest interests.
This program should not present any difficulty to persons in reasonable physical condition. The difficulty level of all activities is light to moderate. There will be some walking on trails. However, guests with physical conditions may have some difficulties with some of the activities. Please consult us for more information.
Tropical climate with increased heat and humidity in the North. Best time of year to visit weather-wise is December to March during the hot, sunny, summer months.