FAQ's - Questions for a seasoned traveller
We know you may have some questions and have taken the time to answer a few of them for you.
Updated November 30, 2021
Q1 What are the luggage restrictions?
- 25 lbs/11.34kg. Anything overweight is not guaranteed to make your destination.
Q2 Do I need travel insurance?
- We strongly recommend that all clients take out comprehensive travel insurance when making a booking. This covers loss of deposit and other monies through cancellation, loss or damage to personal luggage and loss of money, medical expenses, and additional expenses to cover hotel accommodation and repatriation costs should any services need to be extended or curtailed due to illness or other insurance risk.
Q3 What are Adventica's cancellation terms for new bookings?
- If you cancel your package for any reason prior to your tour departure date (including by changing your tour departure date or the name of a guest), you will be liable for cancellation fees. Details can be found here for more information.
Q4 What if Adventica cancels the package?
- Should we need to cancel or delay a package, we will notify you of that decision prior to the scheduled departure date and with as much advanced notice as possible. Terms and Conditions are listed here.
Q5 Will my travel be affected by Covid?
- We stringently follow all recommended provincial and federal health guidelines under all circumstances. We want you to book with confidence and are dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for all our guests.
Q6 What are the visa requirements for travelling to Canada or South Africa?
- This varies by country. Please ensure that you consult the embassies or consulates for all of your destinations to ensure you have the correct visa prerequisites, depending on your passport.
Q7 Will there be other guests on the tour?
- Our packages have a limit of only 6 guests per tour. Our experiences are completely private, and designed solely for the traveling guests. Your accommodations are selected based on your requests and you can have as much privacy as you desire.
Q8 Are departures guaranteed?
- Absolutely, we are committed to honouring every package purchased on every tour.
Q9 What plug and power voltage is used?
- In Canada, the plug and power voltages are of type A and B. The standard voltage is 120 V and the standard frequency is 60 Hz.
- In South Africa, the plug and voltages are four associated plug types, types C, D, M and N. Plug type C is the plug which has two round pins, plug type D is the plug which has three round pins in a triangular pattern and plug types M and N both have three round pins. South Africa operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.
Q10 What currency is used?
- The currency in Canada is the Canadian dollar. It is abbreviated with the dollar sign $ and its code is CAD.
- The currency in South Africa is the Rand. It is abbreviated with the sign R and its code is ZAR.
Q11 Do you provide any pre-arrival information for the tours and packages?
- You will receive a welcome package from us which contains a brochure detailing your chosen package and information relevant to your tour. We encourage you to contact us directly for any specific questions you may have.
Q12 What if I have challenges with agility?
- We will work with you to the best of our ability to ensure you are able to enjoy our itineraries with due consideration for your circumstances and any limitations you may be concerned about.
Q13 Will there be cell service? And what if there is an emergency?
· Yes, although cell phone towers are not abundant in these remote areas and signals are not guaranteed, there is unreliable coverage. In the event of an emergency, the lodges can assist you.
Q14 What if our group has varying ages, interests, and activity levels?
- Happily, we cater to a wide variety of travelers allowing you to set the pace for your adventure. Just one of the reasons our ratio of guides to guests is so high. We also have multiple vehicles so that we can deliver the ultimate in flexibility.